Master of Science in Ecology
The Master program Ecology imparts a theoretical and practical education. The graduates acquire an in-depth knowledge of this subdiscipline of biology and demonstrate their ability to plan their own research project independently and to present the results in oral and written forms.
The Master program Ecology includes the Master thesis, the Master examination and an in-depth study course. The program can be started in the fall or spring semester and usually takes three semesters in full-time study.
Offering organizational unit:
Department of Environmental Sciences
- Responses to environmental stress: from genes to ecosystems
- Global change biology: impact on species and species communities
- Species distribution: ecological and evolutionary aspects
- Alpine and arctic vegetation
- Stream ecology
- Species interactions: competition, herbivory, pollination
- Conservation biology and invasive species
- Courses of the Zurich-Basel Plant Science Center
Detailed information about the studies can be found in the Guidelines for the Master's Degree Programs in Biology of the Department of Environmental Sciences: Biology of Animals, Ecology, Plant Science (only German version available), see Regulations.
University of Basel, Biozentrum
Student Office Biology
Tel: +41 61 207 14 35